A few weeks ago six of us gathered at my house to make vision boards for the new year. This is the third year in a row I’ve done this, and I have to say, I love it. It’s so affirming to see the vision board almost daily. And I love reflecting on the year at the end of the year, to see what has come true and where my work is still cut out for me.
Reflection on 2016
A week or so before the vision board gathering, I sat down and did an extended meditation session. I breathed deeply and cleared my mind. After meditating, I sat in my comfy green chair and thought about my goals for 2016, my manifesto and what I wanted from 2017.
The first happy reflection I had was that I had 100% accomplished my goals and resolutions for 2016! I was very deliberate in my goal setting for 2016, and I only had 3 resolutions and goals. Turns out that was very wise! And very do-able. I did write everyday for 15 minutes. I did confront all my fears as they arose. And finally, I did write my Manifesto and implement it!
One of my biggest fears that arose was my fear about finances. I noticed how ashamed and embarrassed I am about my lack of financial knowledge. So, I found a money coach through an organization called Prepare+Prosper. I attended every single session and I did 100% of the goals I set for myself.
As a result, I started two savings accounts. I figured out my retirement accounts and I started a new retirement account and I put money into it every month! I did such a good job, they invited me to become a money coach and group facilitator. My coaching and facilitation background translated to the financial world! I never, ever thought that would happen.
2017 Plan & My Vision Board
For 2017, I am a bit more ambitious. I have 5 goals and resolutions. Here they are:
- Finish the book I’ve been working on for nearly 6 years.
- Work through the Good Life Project
- Vitality Bucket – Eat good food, workout at the YWCA, do the 100 mile Tour de Cure Twin Cities on June 3, move my body, do daily meditation and prayer. Practice daily gratitude.
- Connection Bucket – Lean In Together activities, socialize
- Contribution Bucket – Live my Manifesto
- Work through the Serious Bloggers Only program
- Continue to manifest and welcome ABUNDANCE into my life. It feels good!
- Continue to invite LOVE into my life! Love is wise! I deserve deep love!
I put all five of my goals for 2017 on my Vision Board. Here it is.
How have you kicked off 2017?
Are you ready for a good year!??
I love hearing from you!